Thursday, October 15, 2009

Panasonic TH-50PZ85U Super Nice !!!

Finally it's my turn to add my two cents in about this TV. I'm not sure what I can say that hasn't already been said so I'll basically echo all the kudos that others have given this set. First off the set is sleek and good looking even when off. A lot of people have mentioned the glare issue. If you place this set in a room with a lot of direct sunlight or surround it with lamps and ambient light I could see how it could be a factor but in a room with that much light any set would have a problem.

Now on to performance. The picture is clear, crisp, vibrant and all the other brochure type adjectives included. The most impressive thing about this set is its black levels, they are AMAZING. Whether in the daytime or night nighttime scenes in movies look great. Colors are very vibrant. Watching the Planet Earth series Blu Ray on my PS3 I sat in amazement. I won't even mention how ridiculously good Ratatouille looked on Blu Ray. This set was an upgrade from my 42" Panasonic EDTV and I couldn't be happier. Regular cable looks good, DVD's look great and of course the ultimate is Blu Ray movies. Sound is above average when watching regular TV but of course the home theater comes on when it's movie or game time. Playing games on this set is awesome and not a hint of any burn in or motion blur.

Panasonic has outdone themselves with this line. This is definitely top tier quality for second or even third tier price. The only competition this set honestly has is a Pioneer. But even Cnet.com stated that the difference in black levels between this line and a Pioneer had to be measured with equipment to be noticed. To me that's not worth an extra grand or more. So if you're on the fence about this set don't think about it anymore. Click "Buy" or head to your local retailer, get it home then invite all your friends over and try not to rip your shirt while you poke your chest out.

P.S. Like I stated in my review of the Yamaha RX-V663 receiver I paired with this set, you do not need $100 Monster Cables. I have 3 HDMI cables total and the most expensive one was about $20. I get a full 1080p signal and full PCM recognition from my PS3.

No comments:

Post a Comment